September 13, 2006

Delayed Gratification


Back in the thick of it (Tufts Vet School), and happy to report that having new material (instead of repeating a year's worth of info) is greatly satisfying. Interesting, too. And I felt today, after a parasitology lab (in which we got to stain and look at 8 deadly parasites) and microbiology lecture (in which we talked about deadly toxins like Cholera--heh heh, not even an animal toxin), a smidgen of gratification for all the years of taking chemistry classes and biotech classes against my nature's will. I never have to take them again if I don't want to. Professional school is all about Delayed Gratification, baby, and I am starting to smell some of that gratification! Granted, I still have 2 years of weekly exams, enormous lists of memorization, approximately zero time for myself, and all the stress that goes with it, plus a year and a half of clinical rotations....but there's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. And I'm moving toward it!

No comments: