August 12, 2007

Sailing Interim

And then we made it to Wisconsin and had a very very wonderful time sailing and hanging out with the Grabers and friends. We spent 3 days sailing among the Apostle Islands, eating marvelous food and jumping in the frigid waters once a day to keep us invigorated. Personally, I thought the water was a little too close to death defying rather than invigorating, but with people ready to save me all around, I went in anyway and swam around the two boats (outside the anchor rode) once and also to shore once. Not sure if I've ever swam so fast!
I loved sailing with them, one of the boats was so much like Feather, I felt just at home. I was also amazed how much more relaxing it is to sail with people other than my Dad (don't get me wrong, I love sailing with Dad, but I just noticed how other people are able to relax when they're sailing...). It was beautiful and lovely and wonderful all around. I'll let some pictures do the talking.










No comments: