November 17, 2006

Slaughter

I guess you can't spell slaughter without laughter, but I felt slaughtered this morning during our Micro exam and don't feel like laughing.
300 pages of microbes and everything about them--Genus, species, virulence factors, diseases they cause, clinical signs they cause, pathogenesis of their virulence factors, species affected, reservoir of that microbe, what diseases are similar to them, what they look like under microscopes, grossly, whether they are gram positive or negative....and so on.
I had my mnemonics to remember all the facultative intracellulars, the obligate intracellulars, the gram positives, the obligate anaerobes. I knew all the diseases/clinical signs caused by all the microbes.
And that translated to about 1/3 of the test questions.
Shit.

No comments: