March 28, 2010

Living in Boulder

My drive to Boulder just felt like a long drive. It didn't hit me that I was going to live here until I got off on the Baseline Rd exit and passed the Hop/Skip/Jump bus on the way to Chelsea's house. The Flatirons are right in our backyard. I see them out the window, and I can walk into the hills just a couple blocks away. Though I haven't yet.


Since I've been here, I have spent 2 weeks mostly working at Snarfs on the Hill. I also spend time with the kids, watching Sesame Street, going to parks, etc. Phoenix is 5 months old and is a joy. She never cries (unless big sis pinches her), she is very observant, pretty cute too. Tiger is 3 1/2 and is super fun to pretend with (Mommy horsie and baby horsie, surprise ghosts, etc)...but she's also exercising her independence and can be really irritating. She's learning her alphabet and has lots of good questions about the world, so it's pretty cool to be here for all that. But she also makes it clear that I'm not her favorite person, (for instance, requesting help and throwing a fit or completely ignoring me if I offer) and that pretty much sucks. I also hate seeing her hit/pinch/squish/throw things at Phoenix for attention, or not listening when Chelsea tells her to do something. Chelsea, my sister, is a wonderful mother. She's very patient with the girls, very attentive, quite creative, and super fun. She's also a great boss. All the employees at Snarfs appreciate her. A+, Chels. Vinny, my brother-in-law, works long hours at the tattoo shop but loves what he does, mostly, and has a great sense of humor about all the women in his house recently. In addition to the normal wife and 2 little girls, there's me, and a friend of Chelsea's has been staying here too....full house!


Me and Vinny too early in the morning. Ha!!


We've had 3 snow storms since I've been here. One when I was driving in, one last week (I went sledding on a super long and awesome hill with Buddy, the husky), and one a few days ago. Here is me with Phoenix at the park, you can see the storm brewing in the mountains behind me.


This is the next morning on my walk to work.


There was a power outtage in the area, so I had the day off. I walked through CU campus, it was lovely.

Last weekend I hung out with Lenore, and used the space at the house she was housesitting for to work on making pendants. On my day off, we tooled around, going to the post office, to the Salvation Army, and making a delicious salad dinner.



I uploaded a Pee Wee Herman soundboard to my phone so that I have him laughing every time I have a notification. Let me just say:


i-chat is the savior of long-distance relationships. I can even have a long distance relationship with my cats.

No comments: