August 29, 2005

Wax and wane

Well, in an attempt to stay positive, and not engage in destructive behavior this year, I tried waxing my legs since it is purported that hairs don't grow back for up to 8 weeks (!!!...really??). No hairs visible, no picking of them was my logic. But, woaho-ho-ho, nelly! I don't care if they call it "wax" but I assure you it is NOT that. It is some amazingly sticky chemical that refuses to not drip and dribble everywhere. aw, sad. yes, parts of my legs are baby soft (though my inexpertise has left swaths and patches of stubble and long hair). My bathroom has spackles of purple stickiness that get on your feet and moosh into rugs. ew. As I tried to get the wax off in the shower, I found that soap, shampoo, oil, cold cream and de-mildewing cleaner were ineffective. Scrubbing Bubbles (3 applications) started to release the goo from skin. And while I was at it, I got some in my eye and had to rinse it for 15 mins. Shooot. Well, next time I'll leave it to the professionals.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Parissa makes the most amazing wax strips for legs. NO MESS.